The RGS Annual Conference 2024 call for sessions is open, and we would like to invite anyone interested in organising an RGRG-sponsored session to submit a proposal.
We ask that proposals are relevant to the conference theme of Mapping, and equally RGRG issues which are currently topical. We are flexible as to what this may be and happy to hear new ideas. For example, sessions may consider visual representations of challenges and solutions in rural communities; modelling of future environmental and/or socioeconomic scenarios for rural areas; mapping as a methodology in rural research; or mapping emerging research interests within rural geography.
We are particularly keen to support interdisciplinary sessions, which allow for critical reflections across a range of sub-disciplines, and which may lead to new collaborations based on the mapping of shared research interests.
- Name and affiliation of chairs and convenors, including contact details of key contact person
- Session title
- Abstract of no more than 250 words
- Number of sessions (max. 2 timeslots)
- Whether your session will be in-person, online or hybrid
- Format of session e.g. papers, workshop, World Cafe etc…
We will decide on which sessions to take forward by Wednesday 24th January 2024, with a view to sharing calls for papers in the following week.
Further guidance for session organisers can be found on this RGS Annual Conference page.